« Vote on 'Six Core Values of Innovation' by Jeff De Cagna |
| It's up to CMOs to drive customer co-creation (updated with link) »
December 6, 2006
Latest customer co-creation trend -- new ways to reward customers
My favorite trendspotting source, trendwatching.com, reports on what they see as the latest facet in the consumer-generated content trend: Generation C (for content) turns to Generation C (for cash):
If consumers produce the content, if they are the content, and that content brings in money for aggregating brands, then revenue and profit-sharing is going to be one of 2007’s main themes in the online space. It’s not like brands will have a choice: talented consumers are going to be too sought after to remain satisfied with thank you notes. Get ready for an avalanche of revenue sharing deals, reward schemes and sumptuous gifts aimed at luring creative consumers."
Of course this makes perfect sense. We offer incentives to our Imaginators(tm) panelists, and in marketing research offering an incentive for surveys is considered the most ethical and successful way to build and keep a panel from which to recruit respondents.
While you're at the trendwatching.com site, it's worth your while to check out 2007 Trend Report. You can buy it for $500, or the download the .PDF "peek" here.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Customer Co-Creation
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Innovation Of A Tradition
- We Hear Them, But Do We Know What They're Saying?
- Farewell from Renee -- but check out the new IdeaFlow blogroll!
- Supernova 2007 blog conversation: It's all about innovation and value
- Innovation Bloggers Virtual Forum cancelled!!!
- Join us at the first-ever Innovation Bloggers Virtual Forum, Thursday, April 26
- Jack’s Notebook: A Business Novel of ‘Deliberate Creativity’
- Models for crowdsourcing -- now, FLIRT